If you hear a strange ticking noise from your engine, it might be a “lifter tick”. This happens when the parts in charge of moving your engine’s valves wear out or lose pressure, causing vibrations and noise.
To fix this, you can use additives made to improve your engine’s lifter performance and reduce lifter tick. But not all additives are the same, so you should find one that works with your engine type and oil, and is known to be effective.
Now, I want to tell you about my 5 favourite lifter tick additives that can help you silence those noisy lifters.
why is it so important to address the lifter tick?
A lifter tick is when your engine makes a tapping noise. You might hear it when you start your car or all the time. It’s a problem with the lifters in your engine, and you can’t ignore it. Ignoring problems doesn’t make them go away.
If you don’t fix the lifter tick, your engine will get worse. It will make your engine weaker, use more fuel, and maybe even break. That’s bad for your wallet. So, it’s important to take care of the lifter tick.
What are lifter tick additives?
Lifter tick additives have the ability to reduce the annoying ticking noise produced by your vehicle’s engine lifters. These additives improve your engine’s performance by providing additional lubrication to the lifters.
They are formulated with a combination of detergents, friction modifiers, and other chemicals that minimize friction and prevent damage to the moving components of your engine.
However, it is important to note that not all lifter tick additives are the same. Certain additives may be more suitable for specific types of engines.
If you notice ticking sounds coming from your car’s engine, it is recommended to seek the assistance of an adult to help you identify the most suitable lifter tick additive for your particular engine.
Benefits of using additives for lifter tick
Here are some of the benefits:
- Quieter ride: Additives can make your engine stop making annoying noises, giving you a peaceful ride.
- Better performance: Additives can boost your engine’s performance, giving you more power and better gas mileage.
- Longer engine life: Additives can help take care of your engine, making it last longer and saving you money on expensive repairs or replacements.
- Saves you money: Additives are cheaper than repairs or replacements, and can also help you save money on gas.
- Good for the environment: Additives can reduce emissions by making your engine run more efficiently, which is good for the planet.
Using additives for lifter tick is an easy and affordable way to keep your car running smoothly. And who doesn’t want that? So go ahead and give it a try – your car (and your wallet) will thank you!
How to Choose the Right Lifter Tick Additive
Like always, I like to research before buying anything. So, I started by sorting oil additives by their function. You can get different types of oil additives such as oil thinners, thickeners, and flushing agents, each with a unique use.
But if you want to calm your engine’s noisy lifters, you’ll require an oil stabilizer. These products clear away the junk inside your engine while keeping the oil’s good properties intact.
Consider Your Engine Type and Oil Compatibility
Pick the right additive for your engine and oil to prevent extra harm. Some additives don’t work with all oils and engines.
Evaluate the Severity of the Lifter Tick
If the lifter ticks small, add some stuff. If it’s loud and long, add stronger stuff.
You may think finding the right stuff will break the bank. But nope! It’s not so. The cost of the best additive for the lifter tick is fair. A bottle will set you back less than $20 and it’ll last for a full tank of oil.
Some additives cost more, up to $50. But don’t worry! The rewards you’ll reap are worth the dough. Your car will purr like a kitten.
Consider your personal preferences and comfort level when selecting additives. Some may have distinct scents or be more user-friendly than others.
Choose a safe, green additive. Don’t pick one with bad stuff that can wreck your engine or hurt nature.
Let’s take a closer look:
- Zinc is good for your engine. It stops parts from wearing down and causing lifter ticks.
- Molybdenum is metal that stops rubbing. Rubbing causes heat and can make lifter ticks happen. add molybdenum to your oil to stop this from making noise.
- Detergents are cleaners. Adding detergent to your engine oil can clean out anything that’s causing a lifter tick.
- Viscosity modifiers change your oil’s thickness. This helps your oil flow through your engine smoothly, which can stop lifter tick.
Consider Additional Benefits
Certain substances can fix the lifter tick and boost your engine. They make your vehicle more efficient, decrease pollution, and enhance horsepower. If you crave a top-performing engine, pick an additive that grants extra advantages.
To stop the lifter tick, use thick additives. They cling to the lifters and keep them lubed. But you may ask, “Does a thicker oil make the engine work more?” Well, not really. Thick oil eases engine friction, so it runs smoother and doesn’t have to work as hard.
What is the best additive for noisy lifters?
Liqui Moly’s Hydraulic Lifter Additive is made to hush engine sound and better its function. It cuts tapping, ticking, and other lifter noises. Applying it’s a breeze – pour it in with your next oil change.
Quiet Your Engine with These Top 5 best additive for lifter tick
1. Rislone High Mileage Engine Treatment
If you have an old vehicle with high mileage, I can assist you in writing a review for Rislone High Mileage Engine Treatment which could be a game-changer for your car.
I have personally used this product in my 2005 Toyota Camry and it has done wonders for my engine.
Using it is very easy; simply pour the entire bottle into your engine oil during your next oil change. The treatment contains additives that are intended to provide an extra boost to your engine. It helps revitalize the engine’s seals and gaskets, decreases oil consumption, and enhances overall performance.
Since I started using Rislone High Mileage Engine Treatment, I have observed a significant reduction in the amount of oil my car uses.
Previously, I had to top up the oil between oil changes, but now I’m not seeing the same level of oil loss. Furthermore, my engine feels smoother, quieter, and vibrates less. The best part is that it is cost-effective.
For just a few bucks, you can give your engine the extra care it requires to keep running powerfully. I strongly suggest giving Rislone High Mileage Engine Treatment a try if you own an older vehicle that is beginning to show its age.
- 16.9 oz bottle size
- Formulated to help engines with over 75,000 miles
- Reduces friction and wear
- Contains seal conditioners to help prevent leaks
- Helps restore engine performance
- Easy to use – just pour it in with your oil
- Can help extend the life of your engine
- Helps improve fuel efficiency
- May help quiet engine noise
- Affordable price point
- May not work as well for engines with severe issues
- Some users report a strong smell
2. Red Line 81403 Engine Break-In Oil
A new engine needs protection during a break-in. This oil has Zinc and Phosphorus to help the engine break-in. Use it for a flat-tappet or roller-cam engine. It makes strong film and protects against wear.
Red Line 81403 Engine Break-In Oil improves power and efficiency by creating a better ring seal. It also reduces wear, so the engine lasts longer. It is a well-known brand for high-quality auto products.
This oil fits many engines and comes in a 16-ounce pack. Mechanics and DIY fans can use it. Choose Red Line 81403 Engine Break-In Oil for the best start for your new engine. It will give great protection and quality.
- Made for new engines, to protect them right,
- Zinc and Phosphorus, the key for the fight.
- Works for flat-tappet and roller-cam,
- Film strength and wear, it’s the best in the game.
- Less wear, better seal, more power, it’s true,
- The brand’s known for high-quality, it won’t be new.
- Fit for different engines, it’s compatible too,
- 16 ounces pack, easy to use, it’s all up to you.
- In certain parts, finding it nearby might prove tough, users say.
- Check its compatibility before buying, as it might not work in all engines.
- Compared to other break-in oils out there, it could cost more.
3. BestLine Premium Synthetic Engine Treatment for Gasoline Engines
I search for new car stuff to keep my ride smooth. BestLine’s Premium Synthetic Engine Treatment is amazing. This small bottle has a big effect.
Its special mix of synthetic lubricants and friction reducers cut down engine wear, uses less fuel, and lessens pollution. Plus, it helps older engines work better. It brings back lost power, fixes rough idling, and decreases oil use.
It’s easy to use, too. Just pour it into your engine oil – no tools or skills are required. Car lovers and mechanics love it. If you want to take care of your gasoline engine, try BestLine’s Premium Synthetic Engine Treatment.
- Diamond Nano-Lube makes engines better.
- It uses a super small formula with diamonds and ceramic to reduce friction.
- This makes engines work better and use less fuel.
- It’s like a coat of armor for engine parts.
- It protects engines from high heat, like in gas or diesel engines.
- You only need one bottle to treat up to 5 quarts of oil.
- It’s a good deal for the price.
- You can easily add it to your engine oil with each oil change.
- This helps old engines last longer and new engines work better.
- People who love cars and mechanics say it’s great.
- Engines that are busted won’t benefit much.
- Price could be a bit steep for some folks who check out other treatments.
- For use abroad, an adapter might be needed, costing more cash and hassle.
4. zMAX 51-212 – Engine Formula
For a smooth ride, use zMAX 51-212 engine treatment. It’s legit and works by cleaning carbon, lubricating metal, and prolonging your vehicle’s lifespan. zMAX 51-212 also enhances fuel efficiency, saving you money on gas.
This engine formula is easy to use, just pour in a 12 oz. dose and notice the difference in your car’s performance. Plus, it’s hassle-free, with no complex instructions or messy additives required.
Trust zMAX 51-212 to give your engine the attention it deserves. Don’t wait, boost your car’s performance now.
- A simple mix that soaks into metal to make it slicker.
- It stops buildup and makes your engine last longer.
- Makes your vehicle run better and shields important parts.
- Good for gas or diesel engines, old or new.
- Makes the engine burn fuel better, more power and better mileage.
- Environment-friendly and helps decrease emissions.
- People who know cars trust it, tested by mechanics on the road.
- Good quality and works well, backed by over 80 years of experience.
- Compatibility varies by engine, check before buying.
- Might need an adapter for non-US use.
5. Archoil Oil Additive (16oz) for All Vehicles
Finding the right oil additive for your vehicle can be tough. But I’ve found the one: Archoil AR9100. It’s a little bottle of magic that’s changed my vehicle’s performance.
AR9100 works on all vehicles and has eliminated injector problems and made cold starts a breeze. Plus, it’s made my power stroke purr like a kitten.
AR9100 is formulated with advanced friction modifiers and a high-performance detergent system that reduce wear and tear on your engine. It also cleans and maintains your fuel system, which means fewer trips to the mechanic.
For months now, I’ve been using it, and it’s changed my driving experience. If you want an oil additive that does it all, trust me and try Archoil AR9100. Your engine will thank you.
- AR9100 Friction Modifier helps one Power Stroke. It can work with all diesel and gasoline engines, gearboxes, hydraulics, differentials, and power steering systems.
- By creating a strong boundary lubricating film, it lowers wear and lengthens the life of parts. This results in better engine, gearbox, and hydraulic system protection and performance.
- It’s a dependable choice for diesel engines, reducing noise, vibration, and heat. This leads to a more comfortable and effective driving experience.
- Using it is a piece of cake – simply pour it into your engine oil and let it do its job.
- An adapter or converter might be needed when using in places with various outlets and voltages. This can be bothersome for folks abroad.
- Works great on Power Strokes to fix chilly starting difficulties. But it might not work as well on other engine kinds.
- Compared to other oil additives out there, it’s pretty pricey. Nonetheless, the hefty cost could be justified for those seeking to enhance their engine’s lifespan and overall operation.
instructions on how to use additives for lifter tick
I’ll show you how to fix lifter ticks with additives. Seems complex, but it’s not. Let’s begin!
Step 1: Get the Right Additive
Find the right additive for your engine. Ask an adult to pick the best one that works with your engine oil.
Step 2: Open the Hood
Open the car hood or ask for help. Wait a while for the car to cool down.
Step 3: Pour the Additive
Pour the additive into the engine. Follow the bottle instructions and add the recommended amount.
Step 4: Start the Engine
Start the engine and let it run for a few minutes to spread the additive around.
Step 5: Check the Lifter Tick
After running the engine, check if the lifter tick has improved. If not, add more additive or seek professional help.
That’s all! Easy, right? Take care of your car, and it’ll take care of you. Ask an adult for help, and stay safe on the road.
dos and don’ts when using additives for lifter tick
Here are some pointers to keep in mind when using engine additives:
- Carefully inspect the bottle and abide by the instructions. The instructions will inform you how much additive to use and how to apply it to your engine.
- Select an additive that is compatible with your engine oil. Some additives are designed for specific oil types, so be sure to review the label.
- Choose high-quality additives from trusted brands. Less expensive additives may not perform as well.
- Exceed the recommended amount of additive. Only use the amount indicated on the bottle.
- Rely solely on additives instead of regular engine maintenance. Although additives are helpful, they cannot replace things like oil changes and tune-ups.
- Attempt to use additives if you’re unsure how to do so. It’s best to have adults or professionals handle it for you.
Additives can be useful, but we must be cautious and adhere to the guidelines to ensure our engines remain content.
FAQs for Oil Additives For Noisy Lifters
What oil will quiet noisy lifters?
To silence loud lifters in your auto, try using artificial oil. If that’s not possible, an artificial mixture will do. Once oil is changed, let the car run for half an hour for oil to circulate. If the oil was the cause of the noise, it should vanish afterwards.
Is there an additive for lifter tick?
Your car’s loud clattering caused by weary hydraulic lifters can be fixed. Try Liqui Moly’s Hydraulic Lifter Additive to soften the noise. This remedy also purges valves and lifter holes, resulting in improved performance. Simply pour it into your motor oil. It operates on all gas and diesel engines, with or without turbo.
Does Dirty oil cause lifter noise?
If your oil ain’t right, your engine’s no good. The lifters are affected, but it’s not just about the oil. Keep your engine in check and change the oil often to stop the lifters from making too much noise. Dirty oil might be a part of the problem, but don’t forget about other factors too.
Which additive is best for lifter tick? I searched and tested various products and I recommend “Archoil Oil Additive (16oz) for All Vehicles“.
This product not only silences the lifter tick sound but also enhances engine performance. Using it is a breeze, simply add it to your oil and let it work its wonders. It works on all kinds of engines.
I tried other additives before, but this one is the best. It’s affordable, efficient, and effortless to use. What else could you want?
So, if you’re bothered by that pesky lifter tick noise, I urge you to try “Archoil Oil Additive (16oz) for All Vehicles”. Your car (and your ears) will appreciate it.