Remodelling your bathroom and stuck between ceramic sink or porcelain sink? Tough choice, especially if you don’t know the differences. Both are strong and cheap, but which one’s better? Ceramic sinks are made from natural stuff and heated at high temps, making them tough against scratches and stains.
Porcelain sinks are made of clay and other stuff, coated with enamel and heated at even higher temps than ceramics. They’re famous for being sturdy, hard, and chip-resistant.
Ceramic and porcelain sinks are both made from clay and fired at high temps, but the difference is in the type of clay and firing temperature.
So which one should you pick? This article compares ceramic and porcelain sinks to help you choose the best one for your bathroom renovation.
We have compared Silgranit Vs Fireclay Sink in our previous article, you read this article and know which one is better for the kitchen.
What is a Ceramic Sink?
Ceramic sinks are made from clay and special stuff like feldspar, kaolin, and quartz. They are heated up hot so they become strong and can’t hold water. Ceramic sinks are durable and don’t get dirty easily. They’re not as expensive as fancy sinks made from things like marble or granite. So, ceramic sinks are a good choice!
You can pick from different kinds of ceramic sinks like ones that go under the counter or ones that sit on top. But, be careful because they can be heavy and might break if you drop something on them. Also, there aren’t as many colours to pick from as other types of sinks.
To take care of your ceramic sink, you should clean it with gentle stuff and wipe up spills fast so they don’t leave a stain.
Pros of Ceramic Sinks
- Ceramic sinks are durable cookies. They can handle daily use without getting tired and showing signs of wear and tear. They are super durable!
- Also, they have a special power: they can’t get scratched easily. Even if you use them every day, they won’t get marks or scratches.
- Cleaning them is a breeze. These things are very smooth and don’t get dirty easily. You can make them super clean by using a soft soap and a gentle cloth.
- Ceramic sinks are not expensive as fancy stones such as granite or marble. Ceramic sinks are cheap and cool. Pick ceramic and save dough.
- the design looks different, like people. They can be big or small, round or square. You can put them high or low, or just on a shelf. they have many colours.
- Most importantly, they keep germs away. Ceramic sinks don’t let any liquids seep into them, so they don’t harbour bacteria. That means they are a super clean and healthy choice for your kitchen or bathroom.
cons of ceramic sinks
- Big sinks made of clay are very heavy and need a strong counter to hold them up. A grown-up might have to help put it in, and it could cost more money.
- Even though they’re strong, these sinks can still get little breaks or holes if they’re hit hard or fall.
- You can find these sinks in different colours, but not as many as other kinds of sinks like rock or crystal. That might make it harder to choose a style you like.
- If you use strong cleaners or things that scratch, the sink could change colour and look dirty over time. So, it’s better to use gentle cleaners.
- Be careful not to put hot things on the sink suddenly, because it can get cracks from the heat.
also read: Ceramic Vs. Fireclay Sink: Which One Should You Choose?
What is a Porcelain Sink?
Porcelain sinks are made from hot clay and kaolin, which makes them tough. They get coated with a shiny glass called vitreous china, which keeps them from getting dirty or damaged.
Porcelain sinks are great for kitchens and bathrooms because they look good and are hard to scratch or break. Pick shapes and sizes aplenty, then place them atop or beneath your countertop.
pros of porcelain sinks
- Porcelain sinks are durable and can take a lot of! They can handle scratches, stains, and heat, which makes them great for busy kitchens and bathrooms.
- Cleaning a porcelain sink is super easy! It’s smooth and shiny, so dirt and stains don’t stick to it. All you need is a damp cloth or some cleaner to make it sparkle like new.
- Porcelain sinks stay the same colour and style from when they were born. there different shapes and sizes are available, you can choose easily which will be perfect for your kitchen.
- They don’t cost too much, so you can save your money while having a pretty sink!
cons of porcelain
- Heavy objects may cause chips or cracks
- Abrasive cleaning materials or tools can cause scratches
- Direct heat from hot pans can be damaging
- Cost can be higher compared to acrylic or fibreglass
- Installation may require additional support due to weight
Comparison of Ceramic and Porcelain Sinks
ceramic sink vs porcelain sink: Durability
Porcelain is stronger than clay. It is made by baking at a hot temperature, which hardens it and makes it less susceptible to scratches or stains. If you choose porcelain or ceramic for your sinks, they will stick around for a while.
ceramic sink vs porcelain sink: maintenance
Ceramic sinks get dirty fast and can change colour if not washed often with gentle stuff. Don’t use harsh things on them. Porcelain sinks are durable and last longer. They don’t get stained as much and are great for busy places. But don’t forget to clean them too!
ceramic sink vs porcelain sink: cost
Ceramic sinks and porcelain sinks can cost different prices. Ceramic sinks usually cost less because they are made from easy-to-find things in nature. Porcelain sinks need fancier materials and more work to make, so they cost more. But sometimes, a special sink might not follow this rule.
ceramic sink vs porcelain sink: design options
Ceramic and porcelain sinks look different. Ceramic sinks can be made in many colours and styles, so people can choose what they like. Porcelain sinks are usually shiny and white, which makes them look classic and never old. But sometimes, porcelain sinks have different colours and shapes that match what people like.
To pick the best sink, it’s up to what people think looks good and what feels right for the bathroom or kitchen.
When picking a sink for your kitchen, choose ceramic or porcelain. Ceramic sinks have many colours and styles, so you can create your perfect look. Porcelain sinks always look white and shiny, and they don’t get dirty or scratched as easily.
Remember, when picking a sink, quality and how it’s made matter too. You need a sink that will last and work well. So, think about what looks good and is sturdy. consider how much it costs. Then you can choose the perfect sink for you. You want a sink that will make you happy and work great for a long time!